IBTSOME Chapter 88 Part 1

I BECAME THE STEPMOTHER OF MY EX-HUSBAND

 

Chapter 88 Part 1: Confession

 

^^

 

There were fine calluses on Gu Hui Yan's fingers. This was the mark left by many years of martial arts and military service. The rubbing felt itchy on her face. Lin Wei Xi knew that when Gu Hui Yan was relaxed or in a good mood he liked to touch with his thumb. It used to be a porcelain teacup, but now it gradually became her face.

 

Lin Wei Xi originally hung her head and let Gu Hui Yan's hand linger on her face. For some reason, she suddenly turned her face away quickly, her voice faintly like crying: "You lie to me."

 

"I didn’t." Gu Hui Yan knew that Lin Wei Xi was crying, and he also knew that she didn't want to be seen, even though there were only the two of them in the room now. He lowered his voice and slowly coaxed: "In fact, before you went to see me that day, I just received a letter from Aunt Shou Kang. She wanted to take you to the princess mansion. You were an unmarried girl and lived without reason or any relations in Yan Wang Mansion, it’s not good for your reputation. I know you will never come back if you go. And I’m busy with government affairs and never participate in the world of women of the inner house. If I really let you go, I basically won’t see you again."

 

Lin Wei Xi was crying and sobbing, but still forced herself to say, "Weren’t you reading First Assistant Zhang's letter at that time?"

 

"Yes, I heard someone coming and deliberately covered it up." Gu Hui Yan had a soft smile in his eyes. "If you go further, you will see under Zhang Jiang Ling's letter there was Princess Shou Kang Mansion’s letter."

 

Lin Wei Xi couldn't help it anymore and cried with her hands over her eyes. Gu Hui Yan encircled Lin Wei Xi's shoulders and slowly put her in his arms: "It's not what you think. At that time agreeing to your proposal is like pushing the boat along the river1, but actually it’s me who receive benefit from your action."

 

"You are coaxing me again."

 

"When did I lie to you, you can go to the study to see if you don't believe me."

 

Lin Wei Xi couldn't restrain herself from crying. She had heard the story of Gu Hui Yan and Shen shi since a long time ago. During the first few days of married, Shen shi's dowry servant proudly ran over to warn her. She knew that she went out of the convention by recommending herself as bedfellow, then Yan Wang agreed to marry her. If a beautiful young woman took the initiative, could that man refuse? Every time she heard about the past events between Yan Wang and Wangfei Shen, she became short-temper. One was love at first sight and the other took the initiative to seek marriage herself. How could she dare? How could she compared herself with her predecessor?

 

But Gu Hui Yan's patience and meticulousness was a huge trap. She couldn't help but wonder why he did this, and if it was another person, would he still treat another woman with such tenderness?

 

In both previous and present lives Lin Wei Xi had become the victim of her husband's sweetheart, the defeated opponent of other women, with Gao Ran was like this, and with Shen shi was also like this. Her natural disposition was strong, but emotionally she was as cautious and cowardly as an escaping soldier. She was afraid that the tragedy of the previous life would happen to her again. She could walk out of Gu Cheng Yao's shadow, but this time she couldn’t.

 

She never thought that she would hear such words.

 

Gu Hui Yan allowed Lin Wei Xi to cry in his arms, he was also very regretful. He recalled the first time he saw Lin Wei Xi’s appearance, she because Zhao Wangfei insulted him, specifically brought back this appearance. And that day, ten thousand miles red makeup (wedding day) when he lifted her veil, Lin Wei Xi glanced at him quickly. At that time, the red curtain were hanging high, and the candlelight swayed gently, Lin Wei Xi was sitting in the room full of people, radiating brilliant light and amazing beauty.

 

Until now, she was pregnant with his child, uncontrollably crying in his arms, trembling weakly like a lamb. Gu Hui Yan paused for a while, his voice gentle, but it seemed to be coming from a distance: "Xi'er, I marry you because I don't want you to leave my sight, and I don't want another man to possess you. I am also very selfish. Selfish enough to obey the heart’s matter, but reluctant to admit it for a long time, so let you always under tremendous pressure. Marriage is men’ feeling and women’ wishes, this marriage can happen, not because you took the initiative, and I am not good at refusing. Xi'er, any man who says this to you is lying to you."

 

Lin Wei Xi was crying and could hardly speak, Gu Hui Yan picked her up and carefully wiped the tears on her face: "Don't cry, I feel distressed when you cry. I will promise you whatever you want, and we will have a long life to do these things together in the future. Oh that’s right, there’s also our children."

 

Gu Hui Yan’s words seemed to be a bit rueful: "I have vaguely testing you several times before, and when you heard about children you were not happy. I thought you were unwilling to have children. I actually thought to just leave it to fate, as long as you are still here, that's enough. But when you were told that you are pregnant today, and you were worried that riding a horse might hurt your fetus, I'm really happy."

 

Lin Wei Xi with great difficulty stopped her tears and asked between her sob, "I thought you still missed Wangfei Shen and unwilling to let me give birth to children, so as not to touch the interests of Shizi... No, when did you testing me?"

 

Gu Hui Yan couldn't help but laugh, he hugged Lin Wei Xi in his arms, his voice was low and inaudible: "Several times. You didn't notice it once."

 

Lin Wei Xi thought about it carefully, only then vaguely remembered that there were indeed a few times, Gu Hui Yan spoke ambiguously, and his eyes were very strange. It turned out he was testing her at that time. This was just what she remembered. More often than not, she would be trapped away, but she didn't know anything. Lin Wei Xi got more and more angry, couldn't help but clenched her fist, and bitterly punched Gu Hui Yan a few times on his chest.

 

This little strength was really not painful or itchy, when her soft hands punched him, on the contrary, it brought out a wonderful numbness. Gu Hui Yan hurriedly stopped, straightened up and looked at Lin Wei Xi in a serious and honest manner: "Blame me for making you cry twice today. You are still pregnant, so lie down and rest quickly."

 

Lin Wei Xi was indeed tired. She was lying on the cloud-like soft and warm bedding, her fingers still holding Gu Hui Yan's sleeve reluctantly: "You are not allowed to go, you have to accompany me."

 

"Alright, I will stay here, I won't leave."

 

Lin Wei Xi, still felt uneasy, hooked Gu Hui Yan's clothes with her fingers. In a daze, it seemed that someone had been watching her gently and intently. Then, she fell asleep completely.





1 Pushing the boat along the river, taking advantage of the situation for one’s own benefit.

Prev     TOC     Next

Comments

  1. Thank you for this chapter. Ok I like that their interaction is getting better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. muchas gracias por el esfuerzo de traernos tan bello capitulo ❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiya so sweet 😍
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GU HUI YAN! My mannnnn!
    He properly told everything, and explained his worries, his wishes & his intention.
    This is the definition of trust & understanding & this man is the definition of smartness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my future partner will be like him. GHY truly is an ideal man, I love him so much

      Delete
  5. Finally they're getting all the misunderstandings cleared up! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GHY is basically the one great ancestor of dinousaurs in the ML world. He's more extinct than those known extinct species. Oh how I wish and wonder if there's still a person like that in real life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes my god im so thankful i found this ml 💞💞💞💞

      Delete
  7. Who is cutting onions? His confession almost made me teary. So sweet and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After binge watching Bridgerton, it was nice to read this chapter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice when they talk normally ☺️ thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their interaction so much. Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfection <3

    Drama, without any drawn out miscommunication. Like, these are the elusive actual adults! Not sure I've ever encountered one of those rare creatures in a romance novel before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, I just got diabetes from all the sweetness. The truth was SO much more rewarding than the faceslapping.

    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cried.. GHY is such a gem of a man he's basically fictional but I LOVE HIM A LOT! and the amount of respect I have for this man is not to be left unmentioned. Love the fact they finally opened up to each other and are closer than ever a gift for my heart indeed (I do wish he existed in rl but that's just impossible TT my poor life is just spend on finding men like him in novels). Thank you so much for providing chapter hope you are healthy and happy~~!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So proud of this couple, having an open hearted conversation makes ones feel closer ! Next step is face slaping those servant and Gao Ran who set up LWX !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finally! They're talking with each other and clearing all the misunderstandings and misgivings. It was about time lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Full disclosure and honest...you're in my good books man

    ReplyDelete
  17. aah, i'm so happy for these two!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the fact that the author doesn't exaggerate the ml as this cold war god...his son seem like a normal person if you exclude the past he just seem like some one who was decived and made foolish decisions in the name of love although that doesn't excuse what he made fl go through with his father's authority and power I'm sure he could have investigated the events before marrying anyone

    ReplyDelete
  19. Finally. But it's too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment