IBTSOME Chapter 56 Part 1

I BECAME THE STEPMOTHER OF MY EX-HUSBAND

 

Chapter 56 Part 1: Transparent

 

^^

 

Lin Wei Xi saw that many books were restored to order under Gu Hui Yan's hands. Her heart suddenly moved and said, "Wangye, the Taibai Yinfu you taught me last time was only half of it, it's not finished yet."

 

That happened when they first got married. Gu Hui Yan had three days of wedding leave, and the relationship between the two suddenly moved closer. When they get along in the same room, Gu Hui Yan taught her a book. It was the Taibai Yinfu, an ancient military book. It was just that Lin Wei Xi only listened the half of it that day, she left midway to meet the stewards, and receive the kowtow of the servants. The next day she entered the palace. Later, Gu Hui Yan's wedding leave ended early. This book, that was read halfway, they failed to continue.

 

Lin Wei Xi mentioned it suddenly, and Gu Hui Yan was a little surprised: "Do you even remember?"

 

"I'm not a wood, why can't I even remember this kind of thing?" Lin Wei Xi glared at Gu Hui Yan dissatisfiedly, and when she retracted her eyes, there were some mischief in the corners of her eyes, "Wangye taught me so few things, it's rare for you to teach me something, how can I forget? It’s just a pity that I’m useless, couldn’t keep up with Wangye’s paces. Only this one thing also only done the half of it."

 

Few people nowadays dared to talk to Gu Hui Yan like this, but Lin Wei Xi blatantly ran straight on, Gu Hui Yan was not unhappy. He couldn't help but laughed and glanced at her: "Stop messing around."

 

Gu Hui Yan was not angry, and Lin Wei Xi was even more courageous. On the spot she acted win an inch want a foot and confident in her own backing: "Why am I messing around? Wangye, you said it yourself, how much time have you spent in the mansion this month? And how much time you left for me? It's called a husband and wife, but I can't even finish a book from a month ago."

 

Although Gu Hui Yan looked at Lin Wei Xi with a chuckle, a guilt rose in his heart. He suddenly looked solemnly and said: "This is indeed my negligence. I clearly said that I am going to teach you, but I left it halfway. It was my fault."

 

Lin Wei Xi originally wanted to follow up with her teasing tone, to joke around, but Gu Hui Yan apologized so seriously that Lin Wei Xi was embarrassed. She hurriedly said: "No, no, Wangye don't need to feel guilty. You are busy with court affairs, you shouldn't have to worry about the affairs of the inner house. You, as a husband, up until now has been very good. On the contrary, it should be me who should share your worries, but always causes you trouble instead. You are willing to lower yourself to personally teach me the book of war, this is due to your cultivation of character. How can I not know what it really means, so don’t take my words seriously."

 

"Since I have agreed to do it well, any reason is just an excuse." Gu Hui Yan's view was completely different. He said, "You don't have to give excuses, I know what I have done. As a husband, the time I accompany you was too little, this is my dereliction of duty."

 

Lin Wei Xi didn't expect Gu Hui Yan to be so serious. He was really a strict person. He had a strong sense of responsibility, demanded to the extreme from himself, but maintained the lowest threshold for others. This was what he did to Lin Wei Xi. Gu Hui Yan always demanded himself to be a qualified husband, but he didn't set the same standard for Lin Wei Xi. It could be said that he was very upright and disciplined with himself and treated others leniently. Lin Wei Xi sighed how Gu Hui Yan was knowledgeable and responsible. On the contrary, it was her who was making trouble without reason.

 

After Gu Hui Yan finished speaking, he found Lin Wei Xi's expression drooped. He was surprised, just at this moment the last book was put in place, Gu Hui Yan sat on the armchair beside him. The two stood closely, Gu Hui Yan drew her to him smoothly: "What's the matter?"

 

Lin Wei Xi did not resist, followed along to sit on Gu Hui Yan's lap. Because the place was a little cramped, Lin Wei Xi's center of gravity was unstable, she stretched out her arms around Gu Hui Yan's shoulders, and put her forehead on his shoulders, her voices was a little dull: "Wangye, am I arrogant and willful, with high eyes but low hands1?"

 

Gu Hui Yan thought it was funny. He put one hand on Lin Wei Xi's lower back to hold her firmly, while playing with the tassel on Lin Wei Xi's hair with the other hand, he didn't say anything.

 

Lin Wei Xi snorted lightly, with an unhappy voice: "Wangye, if you don't speak, do you really think so?"

 

Gu Hui Yan smiled gently. He moved the tassel behind Lin Wei Xi's ear with his fingertips, and said: "Look at you, you yourself always have many thoughts, which lead to bad mood, but when others mentions it, also doesn't allow others to say the opposite. Your arbitrary speaking are too difficult to figure out, and it makes others difficult to follow your intention."

 

"Who said I'm just arbitrary speaking?" Lin Wei Xi raised her head, and when Gu Hui Yan looked at her, it just so happened she caught it. A smile appeared in Gu Hui Yan's eyes: "Look at it, still say it’s not?"

 

"I..." Lin Wei Xi was speechless, and couldn't help but justified herself, "Wangye, you cannot think that I'm a careless person just because I've lost decorum in front of you several times. I'm very clear and orderly when I’m managing the affairs."

 

"I know." Gu Hui Yan chuckled. He just said a word, she immediately became anxious. After Gu Hui Yan had enough laughing, he said: "Of course I know that you have a lot of abilities. The changes in the mansion during this times were very obvious to all. I am very grateful to Wangfei for her tireless work, to help solve the mess in the mansion."

 

Although Lin Wei Xi still made a face, the corners of her mouth were obviously curved. You could insult her, but you must never insult her ability to manage the matters. Lin Wei Xi was a little overwhelmed by Yan Wang’s praise, but in front of this deity, she concealed a thing or two, pretending to be indifferent and said: "It just need to spend some time, I don’t do well, make Yan Wang laughs."

 

Gu Hui Yan finally couldn't help but laugh, he rubbed Lin Wei Xi's hair vigorously, and her neat bun immediately became disorderly again. Gu Hui Yan put her on the ground with a little effort, and also stood up: "You have done a good job. You don't need to be disturbed by others. That thoughts are nonsense."

 

Gu Hui Yan's hand were very steady, even if he was holding a person, he still put her firmly in place. Lin Wei Xi stood on the ground and then realized that Gu Hui Yan's words were answering her previous question.

 

She was not blindly arrogant, nor wilful. Lin Wei Xi was in a good mood. She hurriedly catching up with Gu Hui Yan's back, and her tone became lively: "Wangye, the book that was not finished last time..."

 

"Now it's time to set up the meal. After dinner, the idle people will leave. I will continue to teach you."

 

"Okay. That's a deal?"

 

Gu Hui Yan smiled and stopped, and simply grabbed her hand, saving her the effort to chase behind: "Of course, your wish is my command. Don’t worry, it’s rare to have such a long free time these few days. I will reject a lot of unnecessary socializing outside, and certainly can accompany you to finish all the books you want to read."

 

Even though she felt embarrassed, but Lin Wei Xi still responded quite happily: "Thank you, Wangye."





1 High eyes and low hands, it means to have high standards but little ability.

Prev     TOC     Next

Comments

  1. I feel like I was vomiting sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this chapter. Am glad that LWX is getting warmer and closer with GHY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's for the sweet chapter~~
    Can't stop my smile till I reach this section ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️❤️❤️ So heartwarming.

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ai their interactions really made me feel refeshed~ thank u for the chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my 3rd or 4th re read and i finally realised that our dearest sugar combo couple here are truly meant for each other.
    Yanwang put such high standard on himself, so was Gaoxi--her effort at school would never lost to anyone!

    Oh yeah, see, this special straight a student really can't have anyone other than yanwang, because they KNOW how to put effort wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All right that was sweet.

    It's nice to see a ml actually care and respect a girl so much, instead of the arrogant, cold faced, blocks of woods we mostly get this is a lot better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment